Thursday, March 19, 2015

CHECKER

I wondered how Checker would feel when Merlo left, but he has formed an alliance (unexpectedly) with Nina, the Chinese Crested.  They are the odd couple, but enjoy each other immensely.  Checker is working hard on his potty training and this warmer weather has helped .  Last Sunday, I was ready for church, all dressed up, and then decided to  take the pups out in the back yard, one last time before I left.   I am gazing at the birds in the trees, watching the geese fly over, daydreaming away, when I feel a SPLAT hit my face.  I turned to find Checker had found a small puddle right next to me and he was throwing water, mud, and a few leaves 6 feet in the air.  The front feet were going a mile a minute in the water, and before I could move I was covered from head to toe.  He found such delight in this, that all I could do was laugh and change my clothes!
He is such a happy pup; the world is so much less scary to him now.  He is turning into quite a handsome dog, definitely some hound in there somewhere.  He is long, but short, with a beautiful coat.
Still waiting for that forever family that will take him on the next part of his journey.